Salmon – Quinoa – Asparagus
Simple Oven Baked Salmon
Roasted Asparagus with olive oil.
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
1. 1 lb. salmon. (preferably wild caught and not farm raised color enhanced)
2. Juice of 1/2 of lemon
3. Olive oil to coat the baking sheet and fish. Approx.. 2 – 3 tablespoon
4. Salt and pepper to taste. (optional)
1. Coat a baking pan with olive oil. (or oil of choice)
2. Place salmon in pan skin side down. Squeeze the juice of 1/2 lemon on fish, coat with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Bake for 13 – 15 min. until fish lakes in thickest part.
All nutritional values are approximate
Calories: 340. Carbohydrates: 0, Protein: 34g
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
1. 1 bunch of asparagus. (about 16 stalks)
2. 2 – 3 tablespoon olive oil
3. Juice of 1/2 lemon
4. Salt and pepper to taste.
1. Wash and snap off tough ends of asparagus and place on foil lined baking sheet.
2. Drizzle asparagus generously with olive oil, sprinkle with lemon juice and salt and pepper.
3. Roast at 400 for 8 – 10 min. then lower heat to 250 for 15 min.
All nutritional facts are approximate
Calories:80, Carbohydrates: 8 g. protein 6 g.
1.Bring 2 cups of water or chicken broth to boil.
2. Thoroughly rinse quinoa and drain. Pour into boiling water or chicken broth.Simmer for approx. 15. min. or until all of the broth is absorbed.
3. Mix in 2 table spoons of lightly toasted pine nuts and 1 tspn. of zest of lemon,
All nutritional facts are approximate.
1 cup cooked . Calories 220. Carbohydrates 39 g. Protein: 8g.